IF YOU WISH TO USE THE MORTENSON DENTAL PARTNERS PATIENT PORTAL, YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING PATIENT PORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
Welcome to the Patient Portal (“MDPortal”) sponsored by Mortenson Dental Partners. MDPortal is an internet application that allows the patient to create an account (the “User Account”) to participate in a secure web-based means of communication between a patient and Mortenson Dental Partners for non-urgent messages, scheduling appointments, and allows a patient a secure means to view his/her statement of balance and make payments towards the balance (collectively, the “Services”). Use of the MDPortal is optional. Your user name and password protect the confidentiality of your health information. Please DO NOT share your user name and password with anyone. If you share your user name and password with anyone, you will compromise the security of your communications via the MDPortal. Only you can protect your user name and password. Please do so. Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use.
BY ELECTRONICALLY CLICKING “AGREE” IN THE SPACE AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE MDPORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE MDPORTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOU MAY ELECTRONICALLY, CLICK "DISAGREE/DECLINE". IF YOU CLICK “DISAGREE/DECLINE” YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED ACCESS TO USE THE MDPORTAL.
The MDPortal is provided by Mortenson Dental Partners, including its subsidiaries and affiliates. Mortenson Dental Partners (and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is collectively referred to as “Mortenson”, "we", "us", or "our." The term "you" or "your" refers to Mortenson authorized viewers or users of the MDPortal. Mortenson is a dental management company that provides management and administrative services to its affiliated dental practices. The MDPortal is owned and maintained by Mortenson Family Dental Health, Inc., a Kentucky corporation.
Privacy and Security
User Account Creation and Use of the Services
- Only persons in the United States who are 18 years of age or older are authorized to create and use a User Account. To create your User Account, you will be required to provide certain personal information. You agree that you will provide only current and accurate information when creating and using your User Account.
- When you create your User Account, you will be required to establish a username and password for the account. You should not share your username or password information with anybody, and you should take precautions to protect that information from discovery by others.
- You agree that you are responsible for all activity that occurs through use of your User Account, and you agree to notify Mortenson immediately of any unauthorized use of your User Account password or your User Account that you discover. To notify us of such unauthorized use, visit our help page to report the incident.
Third-Party Web Sites
- When using the Services, clicking on certain links will redirect you to web sites that are operated and controlled by organizations other than Mortenson (“Third-Party Web Sites”).
- Your use of Third-Party Web Sites is strictly at your own risk, including but not limited to any risks associated with destructive viruses or with your use or reliance upon information you might obtain through such web sites. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other web sites. It also is your responsibility to review and assess the secure nature of your connection to any Third-Party Web Site.
Restrictions; No Unlawful Activities or Unauthorized Uses
- Mortenson grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Services in accordance with these Terms of Service. Any commercial use of the Services is expressly prohibited.
- You agree not to use the Service Portal or the Services for any illegal or harassing activities, and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances, including any laws regarding the export of data or software, when using the Services.
- You agree not to use or attempt to use the Services to access any Third-Party Web Site or User Account on which you are not a properly registered and authorized account user.
- You agree not to engage in any activity intended to disable or interfere with the operation of the MDPortal or the Services.
- With the exception of the data and information that you provide when registering for or using the Services (whether directly or through transfers from our affiliated dental practices, persons or devices that you authorize), Mortenson owns the content and all software contained in or underlying the Services. The Mortenson-owned content and software is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions and other laws protecting intellectual property. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Services, or making any derivative work of the MDPortal or the Services.
- The information you see and can learn from using the Services (other than the data and information you provide when registering and using the Services) includes confidential information and trade secrets that are owned by Mortenson regarding the Services, its functionality, its design, and the Mortenson software underlying the Services. You agree that you will not disclose or use such confidential information regarding the Services other than as may be necessary in connection with your proper, non-commercial use of the Services for their intended purpose.
- You agree not to disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any software that is a part of the Service except to the extent such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. Direct or indirect reproduction of the Services, its functions and content displays, or of Mortenson software, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without our express written consent, except as expressly permitted herein or as accomplished through use of the Services themselves.
- You also agree that you will not remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notices, including trademark, service mark and copyright notices, that appear on the MDPortal or when using the Services.
Your User Account
- If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Mortenson reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
- In addition, we may automatically gather general statistical information about our Web site and users, such as IP addresses, browsers, pages viewed, number of visitors and, possibly in the future, goods and services purchased/used, etc., but in doing so we do not reference you by individual name, e-mail address, home address, or telephone number. We use this data in the aggregate to determine how much our customers use parts of our site so we can improve our site. We may provide this statistical information to third parties, but if and when we would do so we will not provide any personally identifying information without your prior permission. We do not sell or rent or share personally identifying information collected during your use of our Web site without your permission. We collect and store your profile in order for you to manage your health.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MORTENSON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM US ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. MORTENSON, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY, AND ANY OF THEIR WEBSITE PROPERTIES ("SITE") DO NOT RENDER MEDICAL ADVICE. SITE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL DENTAL ADVICE FROM YOUR DENTAL TEAM. ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY MORTENSON AND/OR ITS PARTNERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY VENDORS IS GENERAL IN NATURE, IS PRESENTED IN SUMMARY FORM, AND IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY TO IMPROVE YOUR COLLABORATION WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE TEAM. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF DISEASE OR OTHER CONDITIONS, OR IN THE CURE, MITIGATION, TREATMENT, OR PREVENTION OF DISEASE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR DENTIST OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FOR YOUR QUESTIONS CONCERNING A MEDICAL OR CLINICAL CONDITION, DECISIONS, GUIDELINES, MANAGEMENT OR TREATMENT. DO NOT RELY ON CONTENT, GUIDELINES, PRODUCTS OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OFFERED BY OR THROUGH MDPORTAL OR THE SITE FOR CLINICAL DECISIONS, DIAGNOSIS, MANAGEMENT OR TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE.
- Because we are not involved in the rendering of medical or dental advice, in the event that you have a dispute with any individual and/or entity that arises out of your use of MDPortal, you release Mortenson (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Modification, and Severability
- We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Any changes to our policies will be communicated through our web site at least in advance of its effective date. Information collected before changes are made will be secured according to the previous policies. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Kentucky between Kentucky residents. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of our site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by Mortenson, in our sole discretion, to a third party in the event of a merger or acquisition. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The United States controls the export of products and information from US companies abroad across the Internet. You are responsible for compliance with all federal and local laws regarding the import, export, or re-export of the contents of this site (all forms of intellectual property, including software).
If you have any questions regarding this website, your enrollment or any other question, please visit our help page. Should you still have additional questions, please contact your dentist or write to us at: Mortenson Dental Partners, 11801 Brinley Ave., Suite 100, Louisville, KY, 40243. Attn: MDPortal.